Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Slow down!!!

I cannot believe that it is July 16th today!  Where is the summer going?!!?  Life has slowed down a bit with baseball and tball done and over for another year.   We've been staying busy with some projects around the house and outside, swimming, and going to some movies.  I am LOVING all this time spent with the boys.  Oh, there are days, don't get me wrong!  But I feel so blessed to be able to spend my summers at home with my boys and completing projects that otherwise would not get done.

One of the big projects I'm trying to get done with summer is the boys' scrapbooks!  Ugh - what a task! I got so far behind when Jace was born.  But it is something that I love to do and I only pray that the boys will continue to treasure them as they grow up.  It is so fun now to watch them as they look through them and ask questions or talk about how they remember the events.

Now we gear up for our county fair this week.  Drew has been working so hard with Carissa, his bottle calf, to get her ready.  He's been washing her and leading her around on the halter.   We just got back from taking 2 projects down for "judging".  Since he is a Clover Kid he doesn't truly get judged but gives them great experience for when they are official 4-H members.

Jaxson lost his first tooth last week.  This was the day after we went to the dentist to find out that he has 2 cavities.  One of these has infection in it so...... we go back on July 25th for a "baby" root canal.  I don't care if it's baby or not -- it's not going to be fun.  I just pray that he does well and can't feel a thing (oh, and that I don't pass out).  Thursday we go for kindergarten shots.

Jace continues to grow and grow.  So does his vocabulary!  He learns a couple new words a day.  Unfortunately for us, he favorite word is "NO" which is usually said loud and with attitude.  I'm afraid the terrible twos have started a couple months early!

All of these things, force me to accept the fact that our boys are growing up TOO fast.  I've realized that I see "growth" in other people's kids but it's really hard to see it in your own kids whom you see every day, all day.  Same goes for my 3rd graders at school.  I try to enjoy every minute with them because I'm afraid if I blink too much or too long -- they'll all be in HS or college.

Life is too short -- we've realized that in our communities in the last couple of weeks.  We've lost some dear people at WAY too young of an age.  So I try to enjoy every minute with them because I'm afraid if I blink too much or too long -- they'll all be in HS or college.  Mike and I laugh thinking about what we'll do when they're gone and we have a quiet, boring life again :)  Not something I want to even start to think about....

No comments:

Post a Comment